Response to coronavirus
Having assessed the current situation the Trustees of TJB have decided that in the best interests of our audience and performers alike that all scheduled live performances are to be postponed until further notice. It is anticipated that given the uncertainty of the epidemiology of the virus and the vulnerability of many of our team and audience that we will probably not be able to resume gigs until September but we will assess the situation continuously.
It is likely that our own team’s capacity to plan, fund raise and manage will be significantly reduced over the forthcoming period and reluctantly we have decided to postpone the Festival to 2021.
We would like to thank all our members and audience for your support. Thank you also to our booked acts for their goodwill and support in cancelling them this week. You may like to know we are already arranging new dates for them.
We also send our heartfelt sympathies to all live performers who do so much to make our lives so rich. Thank you. We sincerely hope you will get through these strange and difficult times as do our great venues and suppliers.
We wish everyone good fortune until we meet again and to paraphrase the Bard remember
‘If music be the food of life, sing on, sing on, sing on’